Welcome. The Global Sensor Web (GSW) is an effort to provide an infrastructure for the collection, sharing and visualizing sensor data from around the world.
We have been in existence for about 5 years experimenting with a variety of technologies and researching how to collect and manage heterogeneous data into a common form which allows it to be merged with other heterogeneous data to discover new relationships between physical phenomenon.
We have several projects in the works and some already online. Below you will find a list. This Wiki contains detailed information regarding each project and using the GSW tools to query and visualize data.
Primary vs. Archive Servers
GSW is distributed. Primary systems allow datalogging and querying. Archive servers only allow querying.
- GSW AppServer — The GSW AppServer
- GSW Weather Station — The GSW Weather Station(s)
- DECO Archive — The archive for DECO data since 2011.08.08
- DECO — The Distributed Electronic Cosmic-ray Observatory
- – DECO is funded in part by a grant from the American Physical Society
Public Sensor Stations (Mirrored)
- USGS Earthquake Monitoring — http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes
- NOAA Stations — http://www.noaa.gov